Naval & Patrol Vessels
mine countermeasure vessels
offshore patrol vessels
harbour patrol vessels
landing platforms/docks (LPDs)
- higher speeds thanks to reduced resistance
- improved sailing characteristics
- greater range (or same range at a higher speed) thanks to reduced fuel consumption
- damped pitching & vertical accelerations in waves
- safer helicopter/drone landings & daughter craft launch/recovery
- improved weapon system / radar performance
- reduced strain on crew
- reduced interior noise levels thanks to lower propeller/engine loads at any given speed
- reduced exterior/underwater noise levels thanks to improved stern wake characteristics
- reduced stern wave, making vessel less visible to other ships, aircraft, drones, satellites, etc.
- higher chance of winning public tenders* thanks to reduced life cycle costs
*several patrol vessel tenders already awarded with Hull Vane® as part of scope
- lower installed power for same top speed
- lower costs thanks to lower-rated engine & associated exhaust/cooling systems, etc.
- high ROI for patrol vessels, corvettes & frigates
(cost savings outweigh investment)
- proven, improved performance & seakeeping
reduced vessel resistance & future-proof design – ready for energy transition
- optimised design & lower life cycle costs
- higher chance of winning tenders
- more usable space thanks to lower-rated (more compact) engine & associated exhaust/ventilation/fuel systems for given top speed & range
Custom Design + Custom Build
We custom design and build every Hull Vane® for each vessel in the same way that you’d custom-build its bulbous bow.
The design phase starts by running a computational fluid dynamics (CFD) analysis. Using CFD, we calculate how much we can reduce a vessel’s resistance by attaching a Hull Vane® – either at a single speed or for a wider operational profile.
Next, we perform a cost-benefit analysis to determine whether it’d be economically viable to continue development for the vessel in question. If so, we then conduct finite element method (FEM) and vibration analyses to verify our Hull Vane® will be strong enough for a lifetime of trouble-free operation.
And last, but by no means least, our certified welders fabricate your Hull Vane® to the highest-level finish and exact technical specifications.